Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dads Christmas present

This last Saturday my hubby had to work so I thought it would be a good opportunity to take the kids Christmas shopping for him. So at 7:15am we head out to Walmart to look for the perfect present.
While we were walking in to the store I remind them that we are looking for Dads present. Gooby proceeds to say he wants to get dad a light saber. I explain that dad doesn't want a light saber and we need to find something that he likes. While we are in the toy department looking around Gooby then decides he wants to get him a Star Wars Lego ship. I tell him again that we are looking for something for dad.
So off we go to the movie and game section. After repeating for about the 100th time that he wants to get daddy a Star Wars Lego ship I tell him firmly no. Open the flood gates to tears and sobbing. You would of thought I told him Santa wasn't real. So there in Walmarts movie department I hug him and tell him that daddy doesn't want a ship and that we need to think of someone else besides our selves.
It really hard to teach little ones not to be selfish. Tis the season!

No comments: